Lately in my world...

So, I was just about to write this elaborate post capturing what I've been up to the past few weeks. I plugged in my camera to upload some fun photos and nothing. The memory card is empty. Remember I mentioned I had a new camera... well, I must have reformatted the card (by accident or so I'll say) and that automatically deletes all photos. Bummer. Lesson learned.

You'll have to live with a textual recap. :)

The last week of January, I travelled to Spokane, WA as part of a residency requirement for my master's program through Gonzaga University. The class I took was called Leadership and Imagination. I just love the program and this class in particular reminded me why I love learning. The lesson that keeps coming back to me, even weeks after class, is the importance to see and then see again. Our perspective, vision and capacity to imagine what could be can provide limitless opportunities to grow (both personally and professionally). Two other notes that were jotted in the margins of my legal pad were, "Vision without technique is blind" and "You must put yourself in a place with the most potential." I like that.

Sidenote... if you're ever in Spokane check out Clinkerdagger (for dinner) or The Pita Pit (for lunch - it must be a chain, but it was sure yummy). I also picked up a little "Go Zags" onesie for the future Baby Evans.

The next weekend, I had the joy of hosting seven of my best girlfriends from college at my home. These girls are the best. We ate, they drank lots of wine and Skinny Girl margaritas, we laughed and laughed some more. My stomach seriously felt like I did an ab workout. Words can't describe the power of having friends you can trust and who you truly love to be around. We are all at such different places in life and we are all are so different, yet we somehow manage to be the best of friends. Love you girls! See below for a photo I hacked from Sarah (missing from the photo) off Facebook. Also, I made a cute banner to commemorate our weekend!




The weekend after that we celebrated the Packers winning the Superbowl. Go Wisconsin!

Then, a week or so later, it was Valentine's Day! Happy Birthday, Mr. Evans! I love that you were born on such a great day, since you're my cupid.

What a great guy - check out this gift. Cooking lessons at Coquette Cafe!?! A post will soon follow since the lesson is next week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips