Homemade Ranch Pretzels and Mango Salsa with Tortilla Chips (the guys were golfing all afternoon, so they needed sustenance)
Salad with Creamy Meyer Lemon Dressing
Adapted from Bobby Flay's Grill It Cookbook
- Ingredients: Mesclun greens, cherry tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, garbanzo beans, hothouse cucumber
- Dressing: Mix the following in a Mason jar and shake - 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (Meyer, if not add 1 T fresh orange juice), 1 T red wine vinegar, 2 tsp honey, 1 T mayo, 2 tsp dijon mustard, 1 tsp whole grain mustard, 1/2 extra virgin olive oil and kosher salt and pepper.
Open Faced Steak Sandwiches on Crusty Bread with Provolone, Caramelized Onions and Parsley Oil
- Adapted from Bobby Flay's Grill It Cookbook
- Parsley Oil: Can be made ahead. Mix together 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley and 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil in small bowl and season with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Caramelized Onions: Can be made ahead. Heat 2 T unsalted butter and 2 T olive oil in a large saute pan (I used my Le Creuset). Add 3 large Spanish onions (peeled, halved and thinly sliced), stirring occasionally about 35 minutes until soft. Add 1 T good balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- For meat, can use either boneless rib-eye steak or beef tenderloin. I used tenderloin since we were serving eight. Grill or roast and thinly slice for sandwiches.
- To assemble, place slides of provolone on top of grilled pieces of crusty bread that has been seasoned with oil and grilled. On top of bread/cheese, add some of the onions and a few slices of beef. Drizzle with parsley oil.
Cupcakes (Yummy recipe posted tomorrow)
Little Evelyn (Evie) sleeping on Dave's shoulder. Dave, are you sure you want to move to NC? ;)
A quick snapshot of dinner. It tasted much much better than it looks!