Rhubarb Kuchen

On this beautiful spring evening, I baked Rhubarb Kuchen. Finally, after our cold weather, it's in season!! And, although I don't have a plant yet (can you believe it?), I borrow from my Grandpa and my parents. My mom already made a rhubarb custard dessert last weekend that was very yummy.

I picked this recipe from my Grandma Lorraine's recipe clippings. When she passed away, my mom and I sorted through boxes of recipe clippings and organized them into categories. About 100 were for rhubarb, go figure! :) Since we never make the same rhubarb recipe twice (with so many to choose from, how could you?), here's the most recent recipe. It's super easy and can be made with ingredients you'll have just around the kitchen.

Crust:
1 c. flour
5 T powdered sugar
1/2 c. butter

Filling:
2-1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. flour
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3/4 tsp salt
4 eggs, beaten
4 c. chopped rhubarb

Mix crust ingredients and press into 9x13" pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Mix filling ingredients except rhubarb, beat. Cut rhubarb fine and add to mixture. Place on hot dough and return to hot oven and bake for additional 35-45 minutes.




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips