A Merry Christmas

I have so much to be thankful for this holiday season. See below for the highlights from my side of the family Christmas. We're headed out of town this weekend for the Evans family Christmas and New Year's celebrations.

On Christmas Eve day, we always celebrate with champagne (a 2003 bottle of Schramsberg - Nina liked holding the glass), a Napa lunch with old friends, followed by dinner (see below) and the 8:30 candlelight church service. Mr. Evans came down the stomach flu, so unfortunately missed church (hence the photo of Nina and I sans daddy).

Every year, we choose a new dinner theme. Last year, it was lobster. Two years ago, we made Boeuf Bourguignon. This year, we made this menu (click here). It was delicious! I made homemade peppermint ice cream for dessert, but do not have a photo for proof. I promise, it was tasty! I used a Todd English recipe if you're wondering.



Christmas Day photos (Nina and bows, Nina on present, Nina in dress, Nina with Aunt Melissa)!


Getting ready for Christmas Day. We spent the morning opening presents and then went to my Aunt and Uncle's for brunch, a White Elephant exchange, games, a chili cook-off and the Packers game.


P.S. I now have dark brown hair. Any thoughts? It's growing on me, especially during the winter months. I'll be back blonde in summer, no doubt.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips