Winter Roasted Salsa

Mr. Evans and I love to keep salsa in the fridge. In the summer, it's nothing but fresh, featuring the tastes of juicy homegrown tomatoes. However, since it's cold and the crop of tomatoes is not so lovely this time of year, I opt for the recipe below. It gives me a reason to run the stove (anything warm makes me happy) and it is a nice staple for us to snack on. It's as easy as 1, 2, 3. :)


1. Heat broiler, with rack in top position. Place 2 large tomatoes, 1 white onion, 1-2 jalapenos (I used half, and remember to remove the seeds if you like), and 3 garlic cloves (unpeeled) on a rimmed baking sheet.

2. Broil until vegetables are blistered. The number of minutes depends on your broiler. We have a gas stove, so mine took about 10 minutes or so.

3. Discard garlic skins. Put everything into a food processor and pulse until coarsely pureed. Add 3 tablespoons lime juice, season with coarse salt and pepper and pulse to combine. Then, add about 1/2 cup (or so, I don't measure) of cilantro. Pulse until combined.

Enjoy!

*This recipe is loosely adapted from Real Simple.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips