Five bits


1. Don't eat anything your great-grandmother wouldn't recognize.

2. Avoid foods that have some form of sugar (or sweetener) listed among the top three ingredients.

3. Avoid food products containing ingredients that a third-grader cannot pronounce.

4. If it came from a plant, eat it; if it was made in a plant, try to avoid it.

5. Eat animals that have themselves eaten well.

6. Eat all the junk food you want as long as you cook it yourself.

7. Have a glass of wine with dinner.

8. Eat slowly. Spend as much time enjoying the meal as it took to prepare it.

9. Cook.

10. Break the rules once and a while.



** These are my favorite "rules" from Michael Pollan's Food Rules and In Defense of Food. I've had these books for a few years and every once and awhile I like to revisit them to remind me how to eat. I highly recommend them.

** I know there are 10. Whoops. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips