Fourth of July Recap

We had a nice Fourth of July! I thought I'd post just a few pictures to recap. I somehow managed not to capture the most fun moments or a photo of myself or Mr. Evans. Perhaps my New Year's Resolution will be to be in more photos! :) Hope you and your family had a nice day.

How patriotic! My parents always place flags all over their yard and gardens. 
Our little Miss Liberty prior to her face rash due to harsh sunscreen. 
We've had heat into the 100s and full sun. While I love the warm weather, it makes for hot days (especially when I have a cold/sinus headache non-stop!). Isn't this picture pretty? :)
On Tuesday evening, we spent time at lake with my cousins, Aunts and Uncles. We heard the party went into the wee hours of the morning fueled by some Italian Liquor!
On Wednesday, we celebrated with summery cocktails (a fresh sangria, fresh juiced pineapple mango concoction, etc), delicious food (Ina's Grilled Salmon Burgers, Caprese Salad, Rhubarb Custard Kuchen, etc), a nice boat ride and swimming. We finished off our day with a pool party and dinner at a family friend's beautiful lake house. What could be better? Well... fireworks were cancelled this year due to the heat/drought, but Mr. Evans and I watched a bit on tv live from NYC. Not quite the same, but it will suffice. :)

Happy Weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips