Fourth of July

(Photo taken on July 4, 2011 at Big Cedar Lake)

The Fourth of July is my favorite holiday of the year. I love everything about our traditions. Time by the lake kayaking, paddle boarding, jet skiing, and pontooning. Going to the parade to show our patriotism and gratitude. Eating yummy summer salads and desserts. Drinking refreshing cocktails on the pier. Viewing the fireworks at dusk in a sea of honking boats on the lake. The smell of suntan lotion, the sounds of boat engines puttering by, booming fireworks lasting late into the night, sights of neighbors trying to out do one another with the best show. It's the best.

This year, I am so happy to include Nina in our traditions. And while things may be different (earlier curfew, less cocktails - haha), I know it will only get better with her along. As a mother, I love nothing more than centering upon the honor I feel to be able to raise my little girl and along the way include her in our traditions while also making new memories.

I am a proud mama, wife, daughter and American. Life is good. Happy Fourth of July!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips