Great Meal

I love to cook... especially when it's a great recipe made for even better friends. Our schedule lately has not permitted much true cooking time (enjoyable time spent trying a new recipe), but rather meal preparation (quick homemade weeknight dinners).

This past Sunday, Melissa and David came over and I made a few recipes from my Gwyneth Paltrow cookbook. I did a quick Google search and found the recipes online for you to try if you're interested. Click here and here.

The main course was fish tacos with a lime crema, salted cabbage, pico de gallo and guacamole. It was light, flavorful and great with a Mexican beer and a lime. If you plan to make this, be sure to ask your local fishmonger which fresh fish is best and available. Mine advised tilapia (which worked great)!

Dessert was her Blueberry Pavlova recipe. Missy and I grew up eating my grandma's version - Schaum Torte. One of my favorites. Gwyneth's is a bit different, but still yummy. I used fresh blueberries from the farmer's market. Also, be sure to whip fresh cream as opposed to the canned stuff. It's worth the effort.
My mouth is watering just thinking of this meal. Thanks again for your help and continued friendship, Missy and Dave!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips