Happy 2013 and a Christmas Recap

I hope you had a nice Christmas and New Years celebration!

As I look back, two thousand twelve was sure a great year. Maybe one of my favorites yet ... although I say that every year! There were many personal milestones (finishing grad school) and family milestones (Nina's first birthday, Mr. Evans becoming an Ironman, our trip to Ireland), with many special moments I've loved along the way.

2013 will undoubtedly be just as memorable.

Here's a little recap of our Christmas events - first with the Evans family the weekend before Christmas, and then with my family on the actual day. We sure are blessed timing works out so well every year.

Our time with the Evans family is always such fun... as you can see below. This year, my mother-in-law hosted. I love the traditions she carries on (enchiladas, games and "totally fabulous prizes", additions to our family cookbook, early cocktail hours, many laughs and a bustling house of kids).


Here's our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day celebration with my side of the family. We always get dressed for church on Christmas Eve and return to cook a special meal. This year, we recreated one of our favorite meals from our trip to Ireland (cheese souffle, tenderloin with currant jus, sauteed carrot and leeks, and potato gratin, all topped with big flakes of sea salt - yum). Christmas Day we head to my uncle's house for brunch, a white elephant exchange, family fun and a special dinner!









LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips