Laundry Room Before and After

Our laundry room serves two purposes - laundry and storage (of cleaning supplies, paper products, and CostCo extras). I'm blessed to be able to dry clean most of our "dress-up" clothes so I don't end up doing a ton of ironing... yay!! Read on for more about how we made this room more organized and functional.

BEFORE: If money were no object I would make a pretty laundry room/butler's pantry that looked like this (or this or this). However, reality is that is not at all necessary and I could totally work with what we had. My mom and I got creative and thanks to her, we were able to see the potential. We did a fair amount of work in here the last few months including... reconfiguring the shelving, taking the cabinet off the wall and repurposing it under the counter, painting, decorating and more. Read on in the sources section for all the DIY projects!



AFTER: Since I was working with what I had in here, I stuck again with neutral walls, brought in some neutral textured accents and used some colorful artwork to make a collage on the now empty wall. As in the other rooms, I was going for clean, bright, airy and simple!







SOURCES:
Paint Color - Behr White Truffle
Shelving - Home Depot
Canvas Totes - Home Decorator's Collection (here and here)
Chrome Double Folding Hamper - The Container Store
Tabletop Ironing Board - Ikea Jall
Broom Organizer - Home Depot
Fabric - I used a large tablecloth from Target as fabric for the pelmet box, utility sink skirt and to cover the pipes for the laundry machines (often sheets, tablecloths or shower curtains are less expensive than fabric)
Utility Sink Skirt - DIY using tablecloth fabric, super velcro and Heat n' Bond (iron hem tape)
Pelmet Box - DIY (instructions from me here)
Laundry Machine Wood Cover - DIY painted MDF board white and used non slip drawer liner so board didn't move
Basket - Hobby Lobby
Large Wall Clock - Target
Frames - Walmart
Artwork - Free printables from Jones Design Company

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips