Homemade Pizza for Summer

I mean, seriously. If this pizza doesn't make your mouth water and make you want to run home and make it for dinner tonight, I don't know if we can be friends. :) I made up this recipe by combining three pizza recipes as inspiration. Here's the result...

Homemade pizza with strawberries, raspberries, ricotta, fresh mozzarella, basil, fleur de sel, prosciutto, arugula, and balsamic drizzle!!!!

Yum. Is your mouth watering yet?


Ok, so here's how I did it:
1. I bought Breadsmith frozen pizza dough at our local farmer's market for a few bucks. I'm sure any will do. Just remove the dough from the freezer/refrigerator and let it come to room temperature on the counter. This takes a few hours so plan ahead :)
2. Cover a half-sheet pan (jelly roll pan) with parchment paper and a light spray of pam.
3. Carefully stretch or roll the dough to the desired size and let the stretched dough rise for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Next, add on your toppings... I drizzled on some olive oil and some sea salt flakes to start. Next, spread 2 tablespoons or so of the ricotta cheese on the crust then layer with fresh mozzarella cheese (just slice up one of those delicious balls). Then, top with strawberries and raspberries and some julienned fresh basil.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes in a 415 degree oven or until cheese is melted and crust is golden.
6. When pizza is still warm and right out of the oven, top with arugula leaves, some prosciutto (I used about 5 slices), and some flaked sea salt. To finish off, drizzle with some good balsamic vinegar (my go-to is Oilerie 25 year). Serve immediately and enjoy.

YUM!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips