5 Bits

Happy Friday everyone! It was chilly here this week in Wisconsin, and as a summer lover I was not a fan. When it's time for fall, just like the rest of you I'll be ready for chili, football games, cozy sweaters and hot chai lattes. But until then, I'm still in summer mode! ;) This weekend we're headed to an outdoor luau party with friends, the girls and I will be cheering on Mr. Evans in a triathlon Saturday morning, I have to sing in church on Sunday and we'll definitely hit up our local Germanfest celebration!

Here are 5 things I'm loving this week...

1. Prayers for the Dreamers & Doers
Click here to read what this book is all about. I learned about on the Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey podcast and have really enjoyed picking it up and reading a few pages here or there... especially when I need an extra boost of encouragement!

Ina Garten can seriously do no wrong in my book and these Watermelon Mojitos are one of my summer favorites. My mom whips these up with mint from her garden and blends up watermelon in her Vitamix. It honestly doesn't get much better!

3. This Quote
"You are not a messy person. You are a feeling person in a messy world." - I pretty much LOVE anything Glennon Doyle Melton says or writes. She's such a truth teller. You must hop over to her blog if you haven't before!

These cookies are delish, super simple to make and are helpful to use up that zucchini that seems to be on everyone's doorstep this time of year. I made these and shared them with my sister-in-law and she promptly asked for the recipe - which is saying a lot because she's a cookie baker master!

As we're gearing up for back to school, I thought I'd link back to last year when Nina was off to 3K. How cute is she? Can't wait to take a photo of both girls this year! For all you mama's out there with kiddos back at it already, I'm thinking of you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips