Christmas Light Memory Making

When I was a little girl my mom, dad and I would drive around at night and look at Christmas lights as we listened to Christmas music on the radio. There is something about the glow and twinkle of holiday lights that just brightens my spirit!

The last few years we've taken the girls through Enchantment in the Park - a drive thru holiday light show in our town. But this year, we upped the ante a bit even though the weather here has been very un-Christmas-like (I'm talking 55, foggy and rainy... NOT the snow, brisk wind and 10 degrees like we're used to)!

So, we picked a night, got in our PJ's, drove through our fav locally owned coffee stop to get hot cocoas, put on Christmas tunes and drove around for an hour or so! We hit up Enchantment in the Park like usual, but then drove through random neighborhoods and pockets of town. The girls loved it! Mae fell asleep at the end, but fun was had by all! :)

I love making memories and carrying on traditions - big and small!!

Here are the girls in their PJ's and sweatshirts in our mudroom. :)

Here's Nina and her hot cocoa. They were nice enough to put it in her Tervis with a lid and straw for a no-spill mess! :)

I enjoyed the lights but here is a quick snapshot I took on my phone. Nina and Mae LOVE to look at photos on my phone, so I always snap random ones to jog their memory.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips