Essentials

There are things in life to which I've become so accustomed, that it's a stretch to imagine them gone. Of course, I'm referring to material things like cooking tools, appliances, cookbooks and blogs. So, really and truly, I can imagine life (and cooking) without them. However, it's a bit more fun (and easy) to employ their help!

Over the next few days, I plan to post some of my kitchen essentials. Today, I'm starting with blogs and cookbooks. I try to keep life relatively simple and organized, so I hope you find that these lists are made with the same philosophy. Some may say control freak, others may say effective and clear. I prefer the latter.

If you have any suggestions for food blogs that you read, please pass them on. I've visited a handful of
"famous" food blogs, but I'd prefer your unique suggestions. Don't get me wrong though, I love celebrity food bloggers! I have a secret (well, not so secret) wish that Ina Garten was my aunt and I was lifelong friends with Deb of Smitten Kitchen.

Essential Menu/Cooking References:

Thy Hand Hath Provided (great site for farmers market purchases)
Smitten Kitchen (my go-to source for new ideas)
Ming Makes Cupcakes (fun baked good ideas)
Google (never underestimate its power!!)
Cookbooks (see photo)
Magazine clippings (who doesn’t love the fresh smell of news print?)


In other non-related news, here are a few other blogs I read/peruse just because:

Cloverlane (because I’ll take all the parenting advice I can get)
NieNie Dialogues (I’ve been inspired for years now)
Barefoot in the Kitchen (just cute…)
Katherine Marie Photography (seriously, I envy her creativity)
Not Martha (great links)
Springwise (makes you think)
Cutest Food (cute food)
Cupcakes & Cashmere (fun site)
Twig & Thistle (great design ideas)
Snippet & Ink (anytime I plan a party, meal or menu, I’m always turn to the inspiration boards)
Busy Thoughts (Lindsay has great tips for new bloggers like myself)
Etsy (my go-to source for gifts for others and myself)
Pinterest (a new find that I just love)
Babble (to prep)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips