Colder Weather

Rainy. Foggy. Misty. Dark. ... my drive into work/daycare.

I'll admit it. I get Seasonal Affective Disorder. Yet, I live in and love Wisconsin. No doubt, there are aspects of cold (and fall) weather I love! I think it's just the combination of cold, gloomy and dark that gets me. Anyway, it's not that bad, but... the cold, damp weather can often make the sunny skies of my heart become gray and in a funk.

I recently read this post over at A Cup of Jo (one of my daily reads). She talks about how a sun lamp was a nice cure to her winter blues. And while it may sound "new age-y and strange" (her words not mine), I ordered one the next day! I'll give it a try. Why not? In fact, I am all for the new age-y and strange. I use a Neti pot, drink Nuwati tea when I get a cold, drink Aloe Vera juice when my stomach acts up and use Maggie's Cough Remedy (no joke, it works like a charm). A sun lamp to fix my mood... sure!

I'll keep you posted on how it goes. In case you're wondering, I purchased the exact model she recommends.

Do you get SAD? What are your tricks? I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips