Wisconsin Fish Fry

When Mr. Evans and I got married one thing he quickly learned was my reliance on a Wisconsin Fish Fry every Friday night. He's from a town not far from me, but was born out of state so never truly appreciated this culinary tradition that is totally normal to me, but a bit random to him.

To me, it's about tradition. Not just during Lent, but (pretty much) every Friday. Although, I do like getting Fish Fry just a little bit more during Lent because I feel like, finally, everyone else jumps on board with my quirk! :)

I've become quite the self-proclaimed Fish Fry connoisseur. And, I've had years of experience perfecting my tastebuds. Growing up, we depended on going out or getting take out from a variety of local supper club's.

Of course, what goes best with a Fish Fry? An old-fashioned. Below was the one I drank this past Friday using Meyer Brothers mix. However, my true order is a Southern Comfort old-fashioned sweet with olives (thanks, Dad). Ask anyone around and they'll rattle off their order. Whiskey. Brandy. Sweet. Sour. Olives or cherries.

Here's my half-eaten take out fish fry from Silver Lake Country Inn. Yumm. For my local blog readers, my top favs are Silver Lake Inn (great fish, warm and bacony german potato salad) and Hon-e-Kor (the best potato sides, and the relish tray is perfect). Which spots do you like (and why)?

In case you're wondering, I order perch with potato pancakes (with syrup AND applesauce). I prefer homemade coleslaw, lots of tartar sauce and warm rye bread. A splurge, but totally worth it in my book!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips