Thinking...

I'm an avid reader of Joanna Goddard's blog A Cup of Jo. Are you? Well, yesterday she posted a quiz called Are you addicted to your smartphone? and let's just say it's almost comical and got me totttalllly thinking. Click over, read it and honestly I'm sure we ALL can relate. :)

These past few days I've been thinking about the role technology plays in my own life and how I strive to be "present" (in my life for family, husband, kids and more) but also "connected" (at work, with friends, for fun). This is a balance I find to be a challenge sometimes, as ever more being "connected" means I'm less and less involved right here, right now. Ultimately, I'm connected and disconnected at the same time.

I'm a total type A multitasker with a (self imposed) never-ending to-do list. I do my best to keep it all together and most oven find that I don't go crazy :), am a good wife and mom, and more. And, I'm proud of that. But, it's always good to be reminded to let go of meaningless distractions to connect in a meaningful way with the gift of undivided attention. 

Life goes FAST and I surely have lots of goals in life, which technology has a place in. But as Jim Rohn reminds me, "Life is not just the passing of time. Life is the collection of experiences and their intensity."
Image via. iPhone Case via.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips