Sole Hope Shoe Cutting Party



As some of you may know, I went to Kenya on a mission trip in 2009. I have a soft spot in my heart for volunteering and giving back and when I came across this organization on Instagram I knew I wanted to host a Sole Hope Shoe Cutting Party.

Sole Hope provides handmade shoes to children in Uganda to help prevent foot-borne diseases. At the party took old jeans and cut patterns to be sewed into shoes. The assembled materials were sent to Uganda and Sole Hope then pays local men and women a fair wage to make the shoes. Awesome, right?

It's as easy as purchasing the kit, gathering friends and jeans (and donations of gauze, bandaids, antibiotic cream, etc)!

If you're interested in hosting a party click here: http://solehopeparty.org/ or  http://sole-hope.myshopify.com/products/shoe-cutting-party-packet

In the end we cut 38 pairs of shoes!!! So awesome!! And who doesn't love a party with a purpose?

Photo cred: Emma Serena on Insta from our party!




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips