Walking your own path

All too often we believe once we turn down a road in the path of life, that is our destiny. Our direction. Our decision.

We think we can't change our mind or try a new path because heaven forbid, it might look life failure or confusion in our unwavering quest to keep up with the Joneses. Or maybe, just maybe, we can decide to say - who gives a sugar and just go with our heart for once.

Sometimes in life, we have to trust our instincts and follow the whispers in our hearts that we hear from God or just from really intently listening to those little voices inside our heads.

Those instincts lead us to a new and better path.

For me, one of those amazing discoveries was the decision to start Hooray Mail.

I'll be honest though, I have thoughts and whispers that lead me down new paths each and every day.

I am never following one long road... just staying the course because that's what I ought to do. Or society tells me I should do.

Does that mean I'm a rule breaker?

No, it means I'm a chaser... a chaser of more, of better, of meaningful, of worthy, of intentional.

And this trickles through in my marriage, my parenting, my friendships and more. Luckily, my husband is JUST like me in this regard so we love walking new roads in life together. And we certainly do it a lot. :)

So the encouragement I'll give you is this...

Don't continue down a path or road just because. 
Do it on purpose NOT by accident. 
Have courage. 
I'm cheering for you, mama.

Happy Monday. Now go have a fantastic week!! :)

P.S. Here are a few photos from our weekend!

After dinner Sunday s'mores!
Pretty sunset on the way home from a Costco run! :) #nofilter
Post farmer's market swinging session with cousins!
Taking a walk at sunset overlooking our City Hall and parks. So fun to spend time doing every day things in our little town together!
More park time... Mr. Evans snapped this photo while he was with the girls Sunday morning after church - I was practicing to sing next Sunday.
Hehe, they grow up fast! Mae loves to try and squeeze into the baby doll crib. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips