I am not Beyonce

It's no secret I heart Queen Bey. So when I saw this card (letterpress!!) it was love at first sight. :)
via
As much as the card cracks me up, I can totally relate with its sentiment.

Because honestly, sometimes I actually DO suffer from that whiny nagging voice inside called comparison, jealousy and the realization that I, in fact, am not Beyonce.

Clearly, I don't really want to be her. I live a blessed and wonderful life.

But it is definitely easy to look at others from the outside and think they somehow have it easier or better.

So here's the thing...

I am not Beyonce.

I am Katie. Mama, wife, daughter, friend. I'm an introvert who is often insecure about all sorts of normal things. I sometimes wonder if I'm a good mom or if my business is growing fast enough. I feel guilty that I don't work out enough. I get overwhelmed sometimes by the amount of things I have chosen to put on my plate. I sometimes get lazy and just watch an episode of an old tv show while tucked warmly under a blanket because I am always cold now that it's dark and the temps are falling.

I don't have a personal trainer, chef, driver, stylist or assistant.

Maybe one day, but for now I just have faith.

Because as Joyce Meyer says, "I may not be where I want to be, but thank God I'm not where I used to be."

It's tempting to wish for the perfect this or that, but really... I am not Beyonce and that is perfectly fine.

In the meantime, I'll just be rocking out to this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips