Rhubarb Season

Yay! It's rhubarb season!! This is Rhubarb & Linen after all so it's only fitting I post about it, right?

Here are two of my FAVORITE rhubarb recipes...
1. Rhubarb Custard Kuchen
Just like my grandma, my mom grows rhubarb and makes an amazing Rhubarb Custard Kuchen. Here's the recipe from my mom's secret notes! :)

1 stick margarine
2 tsp powdered sugar
1 c. flour

Mix above in Kitchen Aid mixer and pat into 9x9 square pan. Sprinkle 1 T flour and 1 T on top of the crust.

On top of crust, put 5 c. cut up rhubarb (or could do currants, blackberries, raspberries).

1 egg white + 2 eggs
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 T flour
dash of salt
1/2 c. milk

Mix custard ingredients in Kitchen Aid mixer and pour on top of the fruit.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

2. Rhubarb Jam
I've posted about this super easy freezer jam before, so click here for the recipe. Just chop, boil and freeze!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips