Start Somewhere


Whether it's little things like doing the dishes or big things like taking that first step towards losing weight or pursuing your dream job, we all have to START somewhere.

Far too often we get caught in the trap of procrastination... aka watching TV, checking Instagram, putzing around the house, doing whatever, I mean, whatever we can to avoid what we should do. And yes, this applies at work AND at home.

Now, I'll be honest. I'm not a big procrastinator in general. Is that a humblebrag?! Either way, I was that girl who started her essay in college the day we got the assignment. However, I am also the girl who packs for a vacation the night before we go on a trip. I say I pack better under pressure. Hah. But really...

I am writing to you today about the act of starting. The decision to get rid of distraction. Get rid of the comparison. All that mental junk that is getting in your way. Just start. Comparison destroys confidence and we alllll know we need a smidge (or a ton!) of inner self confidence to do anything. I know I certainly do.

Now it's one thing to start, but it's another thing to follow through. Anyone can start and take action, but then what? How will you commit?

I challenge you to mentally define for yourself what it will look like when you "finish"...

Complete this sentence: I want to start ______ and when I "finish" I will do/have/be ______.

I put the word finish in quotation marks because it's under the pretense that we may never "finish" or reach a goal and that is okay, actually ideal maybe. We are all a work in progress and are never complete or done, right?

Here are two of my favorite quotes about beginning:

Excessive planning can become a fancy way to procrastinate. - Micheal Hyatt

Soar, eat ether, see what has never been seen; depart, be lost, but climb. - Edna St. Vincent Millay

Go get 'em. Today's a new day and so is tomorrow. You can make whatever IT is happen!



(Image of my handwriting + planner via)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips