Mother's Day

via
Being a mom is really the greatest honor, joy and privilege that exists. It has filled up my heart in ways I never thought possible. It's undoubtedly the most rewarding, challenging, funny, enduring and important thing I'll do in life. And so as we come upon Mother's Day this weekend, I can't help but think of those who long to be momma's, those who are celebrating their first Mother's Day, those who are expecting, those who have lost their moms, those who are lucky enough to celebrate with important women and moms in their life.

So yes, Mr. Evans and the girls will surely make my day extraordinary (which is so so nice). But everyday with them is extraordinary. Extra - ordinary. It's above and beyond! So, I really think of the day as a time to celebrate the moms in my life - those I know, those I don't yet know and those who are on their journey to get there.

It's the best thing in the world I tell ya! I teach my kiddos as much as they teach me. Yet, moms have the power to shape their children into contributing, kind, courageous citizens of the world. We're never "trained" to be a good mom, but we're always good enough. We all are doing our best - whether we've been a momma for 1 day or 50 years. It's a marathon, not a sprint, this motherhood thing. We're doing it. Happy Mother's Day to all of you out there. Thank you and I'm thinking of you! :)

A few posts I've written about motherhood:

Things my mom has taught me

Mother's Day tribute post

For moms of young kids (I need to bookmark this post and read it over and over!)

Mom's should get in the picture!

Reminders (lovvve this one!!)

Read this if you're a mom 

You are good mama

Pregnancy/baby/kid stuff :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips