29

via
There is something about 29.

The last year of my twenties.

One year left until I'm 3-0.

Today is my birthday. But, I'm not big on celebrating it necessarily. I like a low-key, normal day with maybe an extra special few things thrown in - a thoughtful gift, tasty dinner with Mr. Evans, kisses from my girls and I'm set.

But this year I feel some sort of added pressure (anxiety?!) because I feel the need to get the most out of my last year as a twenty-something.

However... my perspective shifted.

I thought about making a 30-by-30 list, a bucket list of sorts for all the things I want to accomplish by next year. I started to make the list and you know what? I couldn't think of one important thing I want to do that I haven't done. Sure, I could come up with some silly and fun items to tick off another to-do list. But, I'd rather focus on this...

my blessings, of which I have many.

I've accomplished a lot these past 30 years and lived a life I'm proud of... so when I really sit back and reflect I wouldn't change a thing. There isn't a thing I wish I would've done or somehow have put off. Here's just a few (I'm so glad my blog documents these things for me):

Marrying Mr. Evans
Nina Lorraine 
Mae Frances
Graduating with my Master's Degree
Buying two houses
Ireland
Being an Ironwife
Mission Trip to Kenya (I've never blogged about this. Should I?)
Being a daughter and friend

So 29. I'm ready. Let's kick off a great year, just like the ones before and the ones still to come.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips